- Internal Operations Committee
- Family and Human Services Committee
- Hiring Outreach and Oversight Committee
- Contra Costa County Fire Protection District Board
- Contra Costa Health Plan Joint Conference Committee
- Contra Costa County Housing Authority
- Contra Costa County Employee's Retirement Association (CCCERA)
- Central Contra Costa Transit Authority – County Connection
- Central Contra Costa Solid Waste Authority
- Association of Bay Area Government (ABAG)
- Hazardous Waste Management Facility Allocation
- Local Agency Formation Commission (LAFCO)
- Mental Health Commission
- Southwest Area Transportation Committee
- San Ramon Valley Emergency Preparedness Citizen Corps Council
- Tri-Valley Transportation Council
- Street Smarts
- Dougherty Valley Oversight Committee
- East Bay Economic Development Alliance for Business
- East Bay Regional Communications System (EBRCSA) Governing Board
- Pleasant Hill BART/Contra Costa Centre Joint Powers Authority Board of Trustees
- Alternate on regional committees; Bay Area Counties Caucus, Contra Costa Transportation Authority, First 5 Children and Families Commission, TRANSPAC
Candace served on the Morgan Hill City Council in the early 1990's. She is an attorney licensed to practice law in California and Hawaii. She began her legal career as a Prosecuting Attorney in her hometown of Honolulu and worked as a civil practitioner with a law firm in Morgan Hill. Candace put her legal career on hold to serve the community and raise her family.
Candace received both her B.A. in Public Policy (1982) and Juris Doctorate (1985) from Brigham Young University. She attended Punahou School in Honolulu, Hawaii from K-12.
Along with her responsibilities on the Board of Supervisors, Candace remains an active volunteer in her church and community.
She and her husband, attorney Philip M. Andersen, have been married for 30 years and are the parents of six children ranging in age from 18 to 30, and have three daughters-in-law, a son-in-law, a grandson, and two granddaughters.