New change in effect October 1, 2010 - September 30, 2011
In accordance with the Federal Deficit Reduction Act, DCSS is required to collect a $25 annual fee for services provided in child support cases where:
- The family has never received cash assistance benefits such as TANF,CalWorks, or AFDC.
- You (the custodial party) have received $500 or more in child support payments during the previous Federal Fiscal Year (October 1, 2009 -September 30, 2010)
- You have not already paid a 25 child support annual fee in another state
There may be other exemptions and you will receive further information via the US mail in the near future.
Services Provided by Contra Costa County DCSS
- Establish court orders for paternity, child support, and medical coverage
- Locate the non-custodial parent and his/her assets to enforce the court order
- Collect and distribute support payments
- Maintain accounts of payments paid and due
- Modify court orders when appropriate
- Enforce court orders for child, family, spousal, and medical support
Services Not Provided by Contra Costa County DCSS