The IT Division is charged with the responsibility of meeting the Department’s needs in all of the areas of information, communication, and computing technologies. Being an internet service organization, our service to the public is indirect and primarily through the support of other areas of the Department that have direct contact with the public.
The IT Division has been recognized nationally and internationally with awards in bringing information technology into the field for staff that conduct work all over the County but need access to resources back at the office to do their work efficiently and effectively.
Our services include:
- Maintenance and service of the Department’s networks, servers, PCs and other computer equipment
- Development and ongoing maintenance of the databases and programs
- Geographic Information System (GIS) and mapping services
- Field staff mobilization through mobile and cellular technologies
- Cellular and land-based telecommunications and data communication
- Field data collection and maintenance
- Application of web technologies such as an Intranet, mobile mapping, and special purpose webpages
- Remote site monitoring and telemetry support