The Flood Control Engineering Division provides the technical staff support for the Contra Costa County Flood Control
& Water Conservation District.
and unincorporated Contra Costa County, the Flood Control Division:
- Coordinates drainage master planning, financing and implrementation.
- Provides flood risk reduction planning.
- Reviews land development plans, calculations and studies.
- Provides hydrology information and services.
- Oversees the Contra Costa Clean Water Program staff.
Within unincorporated Contra Costa County only, the Flood Control Division:
- Oversees the County Watershed Program.
- Oversees the County Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Floodplain Program.