- The due date for property tax payments is found on the coupon(s) attached to the bottom of the bill. Information on due dates is also available 24/7 by calling (925) 957-5280.
- To pay in person you must come to our office at:
625 Court St, Room 100
Martinez, CA 94553
- The business hours for in-person visits and payments are from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm weekdays. See Holiday Closings.
- You may pay by cash, standard check, money order, cashier's check or certified check.
- Self-service online computers are available for paying by credit card or electronic check. NOTE: A convenience fee is charged by the third-party electronic payment provider for credit and debit card payments. Electronic check payments are accepted free of charge.
- Submit original payment coupon and check(s) per Assessor’s Parcel Number (APN).
- Each check should include the following to ensure proper posting of payment and will help us contact you if we have a question about your payment:
View a sample check.
- Name (or the name of the taxpayer on whose behalf a mortgage or title company is paying)
- Property location (with unit number, if needed)
- 10-digit APN
- Phone number
- Your email address (if available)
NOTE: Checks from mortgage companies, title companies, and other third parties must identify the taxpayer(s) and their parcel numbers on whose behalf the payment is being made.